Thursday, January 26, 2012

Academy Award time!

I am delightfully pleased with the Academy Award nominations this year.  I look forward to them every award season but this time more so than usual.  Precisely because all of the Best Picture nominees are ones I want to see or have already seen.  They're all films that I saw previews for and thought "That looks good.  I'd like to see that." And trust me that is quite a rarity.

So, I highly recommend watching the Academy Awards on Sunday, February 26th 2012.  Have a viewing party or curl up on your sofa in your jammies and fuzzy slippers.  Or...if you're adventurous and financially able, fly out to Los Angeles and see the show from a comfy theatre seat.  If you do the latter and need a travelling companion I'm volunteering!

As usual I will be hosting my own viewing party, complete with a themed menu.  While I look forward to having lots of friends and family it may just be me and my immediate family.  They'll come because there's free food.  That's always a plus!

**Check out http://oscar.go.com/ for loads more fun and to learn about the nominees.**

No comments:

Post a Comment